Stand up comedy is one of the best performing artforms. Those who try to become good at it have consistently worked out material at open mics for many years. Often times, these open mics are at laundrymats, restaurants, basements, bars, and cafes.
And as many a comic can attest, working out material in these venues can be grueling. Often times the audiences only consist of comics that won’t laugh because they are still writing their own notes, the bar television is drowning out the stage, etc etc etc.
We take great pride in trying to provide a great environment each and every week that makes the comic feel comfortable taking risks while working out new material. Our audience has comics who actually laugh at you, and sometimes, we have real audience that walks in to order a danish, they usually laugh too, if the joke is funny.
- We are a pre-booked mic. Every Monday night, 10:00 pm – Midnight.
- Each week the sign up email gets sent out Sunday night. To get on this list, “subscribe to our mailing list” below.
- The list (15 slots) fills up fast, usually within a couple hours of that email. So when you receive it, respond quickly. We do create an alternate list. And yes, we do encourage people to walk-up as we do have people cancel at the last minute.
- Check in is 15 minutes before the show starts at 10:00 pm
- 15 minutes after (i.e. 10:15) the show starts, if you are not there, your spot becomes a spot for a standby or walk-in
- $4 cover
- 1 “item” minimum
- 7 minutes on stage
113 Horatio Street
(between West St. & Washington St)
New York, NY 10014
Yelp profile HERE.